Monday, June 4, 2012

Coincidence or a Sign?

Today, was just like any other day.

I woke up watched some tv with hubby then began getting ready for work. I opened my closet door and sat on the edge of my bed, trying to figure out what I was going to wear. I glanced over next to the closet a the table we have in the room for Shealyn and all her little trinkets. I glance down at the floor and see that the bottom door of the table is open. I knew that I hadn't done it and it was closed when I woke up. I called hubby into the room and asked him if he opened it to look for a book and forgot to close it. He said he didn't.

Huh.

So, I immediately sat on the floor in front on the opening and looked at what I had; books on sex and love, Silvia Brown book, A couple of Stephen King books, some James Patterson, And old journal from 2005, a letter I had written to my grandfather, a notebook that had some fertility symbols and fertility boosting herbs, and a book. I have no idea where the book came from. Maybe a friend gave it to me after Shealyn past, maybe it came in a box of stuff someone may have given to me. I don't know. What I do know is the book it titled, If God Is So Good, Why Do I Hurt So Bad? by David Biebel. This is the only thing that made sense since I have been reading the bible. (check out my journey through the first 3 books here. And I will be posting about the next 3 in a couple of days.) I handed Hubby the book and he flips through it and stops at a page, whose corner was bent, bookmarking the page. I read it and this is what I found.
"The horizons of life do not demonstrate God's love. Instead we see troubling things. Pain. Frustration. Competition. Alienation. Disintegration. Decay. Death. Yes, even the death of a child, perhaps your own child." -David Biebel

Chills.

Everyday, when I read the bible, before I start,  I say a little prayer for understanding the words that I am reading, I prayer for guidance and enlightenment. When I am done, I say thank you. Don't really know what I am searching for when I am reading it.

I read the little expert about the author and he lost id first born child as well.

Sign? Coincidence? Call it what you will. All I know is I am believing more and more that God working in mysterious ways and I feel what I am  doing at the moment in time is the right path for me. Can't wait to read this book and see what wisdom it has for me.






2 comments:

  1. I have read that book and it brought me a lot of comfort. I read it years ago when I was deeply hurt over something else. I did not remember he lost a child. Wow that is amazing! I am praying for you on your journey my friend and look for ward to your next bible post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi betty, I'm nan I lost my girls in 2009 also, I'm very sorry for your loss of shealyn. I'm not sure how we didn't cross paths before but I'm glad to meet you now and I hope to be a support you. Hugs, nan (ps...here from teshas blog) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to hearing from you.